Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Hodgepodge #2

While walking in the hustle and bustle of Kathmandu, well into our stay in Nepal, Sarah says,
  "All the stresses I use to have, just a few months ago... and now my stresses are beeping horns and not     getting what I ordered."  (July 19, 2010)

While walking in Bhaktapur and chatting, Sarah observes
"You realize everyday at least one of us says how lucky we are to be here."

That comment made me so happy, because it was true, everyday one of us was saying how lucky we felt, and we are very lucky and aware of it, and even more, appreciative of it.

"I'm afraid at the end of the week I'll be upset, having a very hard time leaving Bitisha." -Sarah
"Don't think about it too soon, you'll get your stomach in knots way before they need to be... that's how what I learned from bungy jumping.  Live in the moment"

Gchat with Matt Perry:
MP:  I just have one question for you, how have you changed on your trip?
Me:  That's a hard question...
                I feel happier.

Extracts from When Things Fall Apart :


"If I hold her hand
  She says 'Don't Touch!'                                      "There is nothing to fear from someone
 If I hold her foot                                                                                    who shouts"
  She says 'Don't Touch!'
 If I hold her waistbeads
  She pretends not to know"                   "Our clan can no longer act like one.  He
                                                           has put a knife on the things that held us together
                                                                                      and we have fallen apart."


              "Okudo sang a war song in a way that no other man could.
          He was not a fighter, but his voice turned every man into a lion."

A random funny from Sarah while talking about her uncle,
  "He's so ugly but he's very lovely"

No comments:

Post a Comment