Wednesday, July 14, 2010

I'm ready to say it... it's love

Time is going by much faster now, Sarah and I leave again tomorrow already.  I'm going bungy jumping... aaaahhh! Then we'll come back and only have one week left with the kids.  Yesterday Manoj said our time was too short.  He was right really.  3 weeks doesn't seem as long as it used to, but it is surely long enough to care about people and even love them.   I have a love of some kind for nearly everyone here, but I've also extended past that for certain kids and for Sarah... and even though I can't carry on a two sentence conversation with Ganga or Samjhana I really do feel for them too.

The hardest part is the lack of connection I'm going to have with kids like Ram, Sudip, Kesheba, Bitisha and Nisha.  Who knows if they will ever have a facebook or email, and they don't have a postal address.  I care so much about them and want to see them grow up but the reality is after next Friday, this could be it.

-------- at a different time in the day

I'm sitting next to Sudip.  He's coloring small squares of paper, writing his name on them and copying the word black because that is what he saw on one.  He would be just fine and content without me right beside him, but I want to be with him.  He's so cute and focused, and I want to be near him.  I hope he can feel me because I love and I'm sitting right next to him, right now.  He's coloring and I'm writing.
The power is out again and we're the only two in the tv room.  A cloud of kids are outside playing the knockout dodgeball game.  Another bunch are in the reading/drawing room playing our makeshift version of Candyland we made earlier.   I'm so happy to be here.

No comments:

Post a Comment